Mercedes GLE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes GLE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We (me, my wife, and son) and my buddy and his wife and two adult children are booked to fly to Havana out of Columbus OH and I booked what appears to be a great place to stay in Havana-a privately owned three bedroom condo. We leave in early October. We did this on our own and not through a travel agent. When I tried to use a local travel agent I was presented with expensive all-inclusive packages and was told that although there are other ways to do the trip, this is the only way they will assist (all-inclusive package involving daily tours) because the Cuban government insists that each visitor tour and interact with the local citizens on a daily basis. I understand and don't question that this is true.

My question is whether any of you can help me with information or advice regarding where to go to arrange daily tours on our own. Any other advice as to how to enjoy our trip without getting into trouble with the Cuban officials would be most appreciated. In fact, any tips of any nature that a rookie on traveling to Cuba ought to know would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, it is not an easy task to organize a trip to another country by yourself. I would still recommend that you try to do this online. Now almost all areas are available online, which significantly simplifies the booking and organization of holidays.
Every time I organize my own vacation or a joint vacation with friends. This weekend we are all flying to relax on the Caribbean Islands. It was straightforward for me to organize this trip. The main thing is the idea itself, and there will be ways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts