Mercedes GLE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2021 GLE 350 1 week ago. I have noticed that when I am at a stop, the car initially idles and the green A start stop turns on. Then 15 seconds later the car jerks forward and the yellow start stop sign turns. This also happens when I am in park and the engine is running. The jerking motion is unsettling and I don’t think this is supposed to happen every time I am at a stop or in park. Also, I when I am at a stop I do not take my foot off the brake which I know restarts the car. I have brought it into service and they are telling me this is normal. I find this hard to believe that a Mercedes would lurch like this at EVERY stop and while in park. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try turning off the Eco and see if it still does it.

I think I saw a recall somewhere but can't remember what it was. Let me go back and see if I can find it.

Found it there were 5 recalls but nothing on the jerkiness
1. Electronic Stability Control Malfunction/FMVSS 126 - NHTSA Number 21V071000
2. Inaccurate Vehicle Location for Emergency Services (This is the eCall system being dispatched to the wrong location) - NHTSA Number 21V058000
3. Dashboard May Impair Passenger Air Bag Deployment - NHTSA Number 21V057000
4. Possibly Recessed Middle Seat Belt Buckle - NHTSA Number 20V671000
5. Interior Switch May not Illuminate/FMVSS 101 - NHTSA Number 20V089000

I was doing more research and found a owner of a GLE describe on the same issue you have. Transmission solenoid had dirt from his first oil change he cleaned it and it was resolved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a new 2021 GLE 350 1 week ago. I have noticed that when I am at a stop, the car initially idles and the green A start stop turns on. Then 15 seconds later the car jerks forward and the yellow start stop sign turns. This also happens when I am in park and the engine is running. The jerking motion is unsettling and I don’t think this is supposed to happen every time I am at a stop or in park. Also, I when I am at a stop I do not take my foot off the brake which I know restarts the car. I have brought it into service and they are telling me this is normal. I find this hard to believe that a Mercedes would lurch like this at EVERY stop and while in park. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a new 2020 GLE 350 in 2021. Today my bakes failed. My wife was driving the car and told me she had to push all the way down to get the car to stop. I thought it was her ;). I took the car out to fill it with gas and when I came to a red light I had to push all the way to the floor and keep it there to not go through the red light. Managed to get the car home, and figured I'd call MB right away....

Pulling into my garage, the breaks would not stop the car and the emergency avoidance system did not kick in too. My 2020 GLE 350 hit the wall. So two systems failed. Good thing I was going slow. I pushed on the brake and it was as if there was no brakes at all then, the car came to like a hard knock and then kept going forward.

MB Roadside came and towed the GLE 350 away, said it was a good thing my brakes failed here and not on the highway. I agree. Only a small cosmetic issue with the decorative bumper trim.

So when I call MB Road Service I get an announcement that they are recalling 300,000 Mercedes for brake issues. Then I look more and I see a lot of GLS 350 brake issues with rotors and pads too.

So I hope MB can fix my 2020 GLE 350 so the brakes work. Good luck to anyone out there who has this happen, it's the scariest thing in the world when you push on your brakes and your car keeps going

1 - 6 of 6 Posts