Mercedes GLE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2021 GLE 350 1 week ago. I have noticed that when I am at a stop, the car initially idles and the green A start stop turns on. Then 15 seconds later the car jerks forward and the yellow start stop sign turns. This also happens when I am in park and the engine is running. The jerking motion is unsettling and I don’t think this is supposed to happen every time I am at a stop or in park. Also, I when I am at a stop I do not take my foot off the brake which I know restarts the car. I have brought it into service and they are telling me this is normal. I find this hard to believe that a Mercedes would lurch like this at EVERY stop and while in park. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try turning off the Eco and see if it still does it.

I think I saw a recall somewhere but can't remember what it was. Let me go back and see if I can find it.

Found it there were 5 recalls but nothing on the jerkiness
1. Electronic Stability Control Malfunction/FMVSS 126 - NHTSA Number 21V071000
2. Inaccurate Vehicle Location for Emergency Services (This is the eCall system being dispatched to the wrong location) - NHTSA Number 21V058000
3. Dashboard May Impair Passenger Air Bag Deployment - NHTSA Number 21V057000
4. Possibly Recessed Middle Seat Belt Buckle - NHTSA Number 20V671000
5. Interior Switch May not Illuminate/FMVSS 101 - NHTSA Number 20V089000

I was doing more research and found a owner of a GLE describe on the same issue you have. Transmission solenoid had dirt from his first oil change he cleaned it and it was resolved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a new 2021 GLE 350 1 week ago. I have noticed that when I am at a stop, the car initially idles and the green A start stop turns on. Then 15 seconds later the car jerks forward and the yellow start stop sign turns. This also happens when I am in park and the engine is running. The jerking motion is unsettling and I don’t think this is supposed to happen every time I am at a stop or in park. Also, I when I am at a stop I do not take my foot off the brake which I know restarts the car. I have brought it into service and they are telling me this is normal. I find this hard to believe that a Mercedes would lurch like this at EVERY stop and while in park. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve had the same issue.… one week old and gle will lurch if I’m at a stoplight too long. Has there been any diagnosi???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts