Mercedes GLE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noted a loud "ping" through the speaker system whenever I drive by my home in a sort west direction. If I turn around and head back in opposite direction it does not occur.
I also note the "ping" at times when I open the driver side door or after completing an destination entry in the Command Navigator program. I took a video and audio recording of the instrument cluster and the sound while driving by my home. I sent it to the Mercedes dealer service department. They have no idea what the cause of this curious but annoying "ping"
They thought initially it might be due to the collision notification system but at time the vehicle is stationary,
I am open to any suggestions or if anybody is experiencing a similar fault.

Herb L

·
Registered
167 Posts
If it sounds like an audio alert coming from the system then there's a chance that them resetting the system will resolve it, hopefully no temporary but permanently.

Can you record the sound and post it on YouTube for us?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the best way is that you should try to record it and show it to your dealer again and again till he gets some solution for this. Otherwise, these dealers will not take into account your problems. My neighbour was experiencing the same kind of a problem last month, the noise was so irritating that my neighbour hired this company and with the help of them, he took his car to the dealer and got his problem solved then and there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
But the problem is that the service department can't recreate it. Maybe bring the car to the dealership and have the tech guy sit beside you while you recreate the ping.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok. I have similar situation with my wife car, a 2015 Volvo XC60. Everytime, we drive past certain spots, certain roads, the car makes a small ding/ping sound.
The car is fully loaded with all kinds of options. But we couldn't figure out what function that sound is for.
Later, one dealer said it is a speed camera detection. I was very surprised. Because I have never heard such thing on the Volvo, Mercedes or any car before. Has anyone ever heard of any car that can opt to have speed or radar detector option?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts