Mercedes GLE Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading articles on Cadillac's new XT5 crossover, and noticed the XT5 weighs a full 650 pounds less than a GLE.

Anyone else giving thought to the Cadillac?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I read that the XT5 has some issues with rear head room for passengers, so there is pros and cons I suppose.

The panoramic glass roof, which Cadillac says will be featured on just about 95 percent of XT5 models, eats into backseat headroom -- to the point that anyone taller than 5 feet 9 inches is going to be uncomfortable sitting in back.

·
Registered
158 Posts
5 feet 9 inches and over is every guy I know... It's a trade off at this point and which brand you like more but I'd rather not crush everyone in the back if I don't need to and those extra pounds are fine since the engine was designed to move the extra weight.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There's much more to it than weight. The average buyer isn't looking at weight, maybe if it's something to think about with less than ideal MPG but it's just not something I would be concerned about.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Weight doesn't really matter in a vehicle like the XT5 or GLE except for how it affects other things, like fuel economy or handling or acceleration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts