Mercedes GLE Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Modern diesels are doing their damnedest to shed their old dirty and slow image. This GLE 350d helps things along in the only way it knows how, stretching its legs on the Autobahn.

What you're seeing is a brand new GLE 350d cruising the Autobahn before accelerating to 207 km/h (128 mph). We're treated to both on board and instrument views. Watch as the new 9G-Tronic gearboxes flips through its gears, transferring 457 lb-ft of torque to the expectant asphalt.

The 350d scampers to 100 km/h in 7.1 seconds, compared with the lighter BMW's 6.8 seconds. In the video the 350d reaches 200 km/h in 37.7 seconds.

·
Registered
167 Posts
that's quite impressive, good numbers but I wonder how many owners will actually be pushing their GLA diesels that that much.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It certainly can hold it own, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Mercedes.

Mostly this just makes me really want to drive on the autobahn one day.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It certainly can hold it own, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Mercedes.

Mostly this just makes me really want to drive on the autobahn one day.
It should be on your bucket list :D

And there should at least be some good rentals for you to take out on the Autobahn.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm excited to see what the GLE AMG will pull on the autobahn, don't think we've seen it yet but much like any other performance MB it will not disappoint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts