Mercedes GLE Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Courtest of a dealer memo, looks like the GLE will be available with Apple Car Play after January 8 2016.

http://www.cnet.com/news/mercedes-benz-apple-carplay-in-2016/#ftag=CAD3440c1f

According to a dealership memo leaked to C450AMG.net, CarPlay will be limited to just a few models in the lineup, and only certain variants thereof built after a specific date. The cars include the B-Class, E-Class (coupe and convertible -- no sedans), CLA-Class, GLA-Class, CLS-Class and GLE-Class (coupe and standard). All cars except the GLE will need build dates after December 1 -- the GLE requires a build date after January 8.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really a stinker for those that already bought and behind the wheel of a 2016 GLE450 Coupe. Do you think they will retrofit this standard feature in my coupe? Or am I SOL? Love the car and my iPhone would have loved it a lot more too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think its possible you might be able to get it retrofit since they had said it would be included and then kept delaying over and over again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my GLE 350 on December 22, 2015 and it is included in the options of the quotation. However, it does not work on my car - would it be an update of the software on the command online or it will need a hardware upgrade?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was promised Apple CarPlay for my October delivery. Obviously that did not happen. I have spoken with customer care several times and have been assured that there WILL NOT be a retrofit solution. i.e. they screwed me. Between that and a couple other dropped balls by the dealer, my car is now listed on EBay Motors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Subject
Mercedes-Benz: I purchased a GLE450 built prior to MB building Apple CarPlay...

Response By Email (Jennifer P.) (03/14/2016 10:23 AM)

Dear Mr. Jackson,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Mercedes-Benz USA.

I am sorry to say that it isn't possible to retrofit the Apple CarPlay feature to a vehicle. The equipment for compatibility must have been installed at the factory. For that reason, it isn't possible to use Apple CarPlay with a vehicle that was built after the release of Apple CarPlay in Mercedes-Benz cars.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Jennifer P.
Mercedes-Benz USA

-So a standard feature on my vehicle is not available, ever? Undoubtedly my resale value will be less when I trade this in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(...) isn't possible to retrofit the Apple CarPlay feature to a vehicle. The equipment for compatibility must have been installed at the factory. For that reason, it isn't possible to use Apple CarPlay with a vehicle that was built after the release of Apple CarPlay in Mercedes-Benz cars. (...)
We have a chance to change the Mercedes-Benz sales policy by signing the petition CarPlay and Android Auto retrofitting on Mercedes-Benz cars on change.org website. Many disappointed GLC/GLE owners already signed up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do petitions really work in scenarios like these??
If the petition reaches a good number of memberships, Mercedes-Benz will be forced to acknowledge discontent due to this lack of character.
At the moment, if we continue to buy his cars without saying anything, the scenario will not change. I chose to complain out loud!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Then petition it is ! I like it.. Don't they have those online petition sites that you can make and just share the link around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts