Mercedes GLE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm restoring a 4.2-liter six in my E-type, and I've started cleaning my head. I have already determined that it needs new valves and guides, but on closer inspection I see that the outlet No. 3 looks like the surface of the moon, and there are also many pits between the valves. I thought that maybe the port was just full of carbon, but after examining it with a pickaxe, it turned out that it was actually aluminum. The other cylinders and their ports look nice and smooth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Paul, that’s a mighty generous of you! I’ll have to see when I can make the trek up to Keenesburg, but I’d be happy to supply lunch, refreshments, and dinner with dessert for that matter!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think this isn't such a bad idea, but you should always consider the pros and cons. For exclusive machines that have been damaged by scraping, this is an excellent idea because it can be very beneficial. In other cases, you will receive no more than 50 bucks for the car. It all depends on the company and the car model.
Several characteristics strongly influence this. The guys from Scrap My Car For The Best Price Today have offered me great offers many times, and I could not refuse to cooperate. They have worked with many suppliers of premium damaged vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts