GLE SUV Uncomfortable Seats - Page 2 - Mercedes GLE Forum

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 06:09 PM

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 10:23 PM

Here's something I found works for me on long road trips. I take my wallet out of my back pocket and put it in the center console. I noticed a big improvement during one road trip and have stuck with it ever since. It seems obvious that sitting with a big lump under one butt cheek and nothing under the other butt cheek is going to twist your spine. However, this certainly does not explain why the new seats aren't as comfortable as the old seats.

Maybe another thing is whether the seats are MBTex or leather. I've had leather for many years and this time I switched to MBTex after hearing it was very durable. But it didn't occur to me that they wouldn't be as comfortable as leather. I've only had my car for a couple of weeks, so I hope I'm not disappointed.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 03:33 PM

It's not the MBTex versus the leather that is the problem. As I wrote in previous posting - the seats ARE SMALLER in the 2016 GLE 300d than in the 2012 ML 350d. Also, my husband has a 2014 GLK and the seats in the 2016 GLE 300d are SMALLER than in the GLK. We measured the seats in our 2016 GLE 300d and the 2014 GLK. My husband is an engineer and knows how to measure - so no mistaking the measurements. So sad that I am stuck with these uncomfortable seats when I previously loved the comfort of my 2012 ML 350d. When are smaller seats luxury? I have spoken with the dealership and they acknowledge the change in seats - however there is nothing that can be done. Mercedes Benz dropped the ball on this one for me.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 03:32 AM

Just came out of GLK250 into GLE300d and I can say that the seats are much harder to adjust to achieve an acceptable comfort level.
Not sure it is as comfortable as the GLK
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensterling View Post
Just came out of GLK250 into GLE300d and I can say that the seats are much harder to adjust to achieve an acceptable comfort level.
Not sure it is as comfortable as the GLK
What is so different between the seats? I find it hard to believe the same brand would have drastically different seats in vehicles that are relatively similar.

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 09:23 PM

Seems strange that the seats in the GLE are "stiffer" than the GLK seats....Maybe they will soften up with miles. First trip this weekend and I will return and post a "comfort" report.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 08:34 PM

Unconfortable seats in the GLE350

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Sounds like the interior was designed more for the European market. That has me concerned about the GLE Coupe, maybe, just maybe they'll get it right in that.
I bought the new 2016 GLE 350 SUV, and since buying it, my back is killing me, the back of my legs feel numb and in constant pain, and any adjustment to the seat (pushing it as far back as possible) is now causing severe right knee pain to the point where I can barely walk without pain. Has anyone else experienced this gigantic flaw in Mercedes seats.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 09:08 AM

hi all,
When picking your seat I have also some comment. I have a standard car with the AMG interior version. The standard seats are indeed poor. I doubted about the comfort version. I have to say the back and upper part of the AMG seats are perfect. The lower part is to sporty. You bottom hurts, and ladies have in general also problems. They are indeed to small. I wish I had taken the comfort seats. Try them all before you buy
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 08:58 AM

Back ache

I have a 2016 GLE350. I ended up on this forum because I was wondering if I'm the only one who finds the seats extremely uncomfortable. I like the handling and ride but the seats ruin it for me. The adjustable lumbar support actually makes things worse imo. It's hard as a rock. Has anyone found a seat pad or something you can recommend? Thx!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 05:53 PM

Stephen, I just bought a GLE 350 and was so excited about the car. I thought the seats were a little stiff/hard when I test drove but kept telling myself "how can a Mercedes be uncomfortable"? Every time I drive the car my back is in excruciating pain for hours or a day later. I can't believe it. I have owned the car 2 weeks and I'm looking for something else. Most costly mistake I've ever made.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page