Newbie M/B owner - Mercedes GLE Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Angry Newbie M/B owner

Greetings all,
I bought my wife a used 2016 MB GLE350 CPO with 21k on the clock.
Please understand that I am and have been a high end GM guy for a very, very long time. Every single vehicle for my wife or myself since 1998 has been special ordered and delivered to me 7 +/- miles.
I always trusted GM to do the right thing and they did.
Fast forward to present, and she could not find a vehicle within the GM line that she liked. Looking at Fords or Dodges is blasphemy in my eyes.
I didn't think that Porsche or BMW had the specific type vehicle she should have/like, so they were out also. I suggested an MB.
I found a used 2016 MB GLE 350 within MB AutoNation here in Florida, had ALL the options, price was high, fell for the marquee....oops!
I personally love the vehicle and figured it a stepping stone towards higher end German engineering.
But.... my wife isn't thrilled with it.
"It's noisy".
It "drones on and on at highway speeds".
She says that she "hates it - but loves it" (only a woman can understand that statement). I say it is normal. Of course the dealership says it is normal. In my eyes, it is NOT normal for a premier German manufacturer of high end luxury automobiles to accept something SUB-PAR and call it "normal"
I think I have made a mistake.
If I can't resolve this, we will be "Lemon lawing" this vehicle and I hate that.
This is too bad because the level of technology packed into this vehicle is amazing (I am a engineer by trade - however my only complaint is that the seat position memory function per key fob could certainly take a lesson from GM).
What am I to do?
Go back and hound the dealer more? We have only had it 3 weeks.
Escalate it to MB North America?
Or walk away ...……..and take my losses?
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just an update: The wife is ecstatic! The dealership stepped up to the plate and has agreed to fix the issue. I believe they revert the back side exhaust to the '15 ML series style exhaust exits.
I am pleased also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page