Bitcoin transaction sent, over 40 meter ham band. - Mercedes GLE Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2020, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Bitcoin transaction sent, over 40 meter ham band.

I am a big fan of bitcoin, I saw this screenshot on the btc forum, which I often visit. Whether you know a lot about bitcoin or not, this is a pretty revolutionary first. BTC allows anyone anywhere to send "value" to anyone else, without banking, without intermediaries, without interest, and until now has always required a physical layer of some kind of Internet connection, at least. Here are a couple of guys using the radio instead of the Internet.

This is at the very bottom of the 40-meter range that is reserved for radio Amateurs in each country. On the forum where I grabbed this screenshot, there was no mention at all that this is even a ham group. It's not difficult for radio rebels to do this, but especially in the US, it would certainly be better to get a license than to ever knock on the FCC's door. In the US, a technician (novice) license can use this slice for the CW, but you must be a General to transmit data there.

The ham boys have been doing computer communications over the radio for decades, but this is really a first. I haven't reviewed the laws, but this may be a gray area, at least for American hams. It looks like you shouldn't be running a business for profit by air (but guys buy and sell ham informally by air all the time). These are extreme geeky guys sending each other a couple of bucks who are definitely not going to overthrow Walmart any time soon.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm01 View Post
I am a big fan of bitcoin, I saw this screenshot on the btc forum, which I often visit. Whether you know a lot about bitcoin or not, this is a pretty revolutionary first. BTC allows anyone anywhere to send "value" to anyone else, without banking, without intermediaries, without interest, and until now has always required a physical layer of some kind of Internet connection, at least. Here are a couple of guys using the radio instead of the Internet.

This is at the very bottom of the 40-meter range that is reserved for radio Amateurs in each country. On the forum where I grabbed this screenshot, there was no mention at all that this is even a ham group. It's not difficult for radio rebels to do this, but especially in the US, it would certainly be better to get a license than to ever knock on the FCC's door. In the US, a technician (novice) license can use this slice for the CW, but you must be a General to transmit data there.

The ham boys have been doing computer communications over the radio for decades, but this is really a first. I haven't reviewed the laws, but this may be a gray area, at least for American hams. It looks like you shouldn't be running a business for profit by air (but guys buy and sell ham informally by air all the time). These are extreme geeky guys sending each other a couple of bucks who are definitely not going to overthrow Walmart any time soon.
I have a question? If you are still interested in bitcoin, what do you think about bitcoin farms, if you have heard of them? And how much you have to invest to have some first income. Because I have some acquaintances who invest in bitcoin and they say it's very difficult at first. First of all, you don't know where to start and you should find a person who can help you take the first steps. That’s why I ask you because I see that you are good at this topic and you perceive many things. I recently discovered a web page where you can invest in bitcoin and I want to ask you if it is advisable to start according to the instructions written there or not https://investotrend.com/how-to-earn-free-bitcoin- in-india /.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page