Obsidian Black Metallic 2 14.29%
Diamond Silver Metallic 1 7.14%
Palladium Silver Metallic 1 7.14%
Polar White 1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reserve View Post
The "proletariat" can't tell the difference between department store dress shoes and Salvatore Ferragamo...but you won't catch me in the cheap department store pair. Some choices in life are only for you, and if the paint makes you happy, go for it.

Otherwise, $10k does buy a few pairs of Salvatore Ferragamo
I think there is a difference between department store and whatever that Salvatore shoe brand is... Guess I'm not rich enough to know that. :P

At a certain point I think that value is more to do with simple status and reputation in stead quality, function or appearance.

Take wine for example, a $10 bottle is worse than a $45 bottle, but once you get up $120, $150 bottles, are those ones worse than a $175 bottle? I'm not so sure. Depends on your own taste, the age, and reputation, but its not necessarily better or worse.

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
I think there is a difference between department store and whatever that Salvatore shoe brand is... Guess I'm not rich enough to know that. :P

At a certain point I think that value is more to do with simple status and reputation in stead quality, function or appearance.

Take wine for example, a $10 bottle is worse than a $45 bottle, but once you get up $120, $150 bottles, are those ones worse than a $175 bottle? I'm not so sure. Depends on your own taste, the age, and reputation, but its not necessarily better or worse.
Actually, even some of the cheaper wines can be as good as those $50 wines. I think there was a test done. Plus you have to remember with wine there's a bit of a science to unlocking its true taste.

post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Actually, even some of the cheaper wines can be as good as those $50 wines. I think there was a test done. Plus you have to remember with wine there's a bit of a science to unlocking its true taste.
Guys, these same comparisons can be made with cars too. Why buy a Mercedes GLE over a new Kia Sorrento? This Kia looks like a fine car to me (although they never used to be IMO). We all know why we're buying a Mercedes -- but for some the Kia is enough. Just like the $10 bottle of wine.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Guys, these same comparisons can be made with cars too. Why buy a Mercedes GLE over a new Kia Sorrento? This Kia looks like a fine car to me (although they never used to be IMO). We all know why we're buying a Mercedes -- but for some the Kia is enough. Just like the $10 bottle of wine.

True say.

I just could never see myself in a Kia
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Good example, Kia has actually stepped up their game quite a bit over the years, good enough that i've been seeing more of these on the road, a surprising amount.

post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 01:11 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page