GLE Hybrid Fuel Economy - Page 2 - Mercedes GLE Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 05:06 PM

Red face GLE 550e MPG on sticker

Has any able to achieve 43 mpg as mentioned in the sticker? I drive mostly on HYBRID and the most I get is 18 mpg.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:52 PM

Are you charging at night with the plug in? I do a lot of short trips and often only go 10 or so miles on electric only. My driving pattern is ideal for this vehicle. Sometimes I even charge mid day. I average about 35 mpg/tank. Longer trips will give you less. I posted my first fool tank over the New Years period. I went 975 miles over about 40 days without a refil. Got about 49+ MPG. Went almost 700 miles on electric only. This was an anomaly but many days I drive on battery only around town. HAVE TO CHARGE IT HOWEVER! When I know I'm only going short distances for the day, I like to change it from "hybrid " mode, to e-Mode. This allows much more aggressive use of the gas pedal without turning on the gas engine. Hope this helps. John
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:18 PM

Charging seems to be the key thing here... Maybe that's why so many people are getting much less than sticker mpg?

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:43 AM

Garage
The sticker consumption figure on all cars are really a lie!
They are achieved under ideal conditions with a lot of variables thrown in.
ML350 had a 76lt fuel tank with a 96lt option. Dealers always specify the 96 lt tank. Why? The 76 lt tank is lighter for when they do consumption test.
It had different tyre pressure placards on the fuel tank lid, and door pillar. Why? So they could test it with higher pressure - rougher ride but less drag - less fuel used.
They know exactly what figure they can achieve when the car is independently tested. But if it is not tested prior to release, then the factory claim is accepted provided it is within 10%. So they claim 9.9% better which will be accepted.

So these figures are never achievable, and can only be used to compare with other cars making the same lies.

As for the GLE500e, I can achieve 0.0 l/100km (infinitympg) driving to the milkbar on E-Mode. But on a long highway trip, I average about 8.0 l/100km (35mpg) That is far better than the GLE43 which has the same motor but no hybrid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page