Running Boards! - Page 2 - Mercedes GLE Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
It could be a faulty TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sending unit. My wife's ML350 has had all four fail since new. Three died in the first 4 months.
Dwals is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwals View Post
It could be a faulty TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sending unit. My wife's ML350 has had all four fail since new. Three died in the first 4 months.
I think I can speak for a good portion of Mercedes owners when I say just learn to live with it. A few friends of mine have run into similar issues on their E-Class sedans. Some resorted to checking pressures manually, or getting a shop to do it.
HDGFND is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 137
Considering the frequency of those things messing up (not only on MB vehicles) it's always a possibility. They're very sensitive and extremely finnicky and just a PITA all the time. If I could opt out of them, I always will. I frequently like to check everything over myself and I still check tire pressures with or without the TPMS.
GLEM is offline  
 
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEM View Post
Considering the frequency of those things messing up (not only on MB vehicles) it's always a possibility. They're very sensitive and extremely finnicky and just a PITA all the time. If I could opt out of them, I always will. I frequently like to check everything over myself and I still check tire pressures with or without the TPMS.
Same here.

I just make it easy for myself and let the dealership do it along with other things like topping up the fluids and so on. Most MB dealers have no problem doing that especially if you bought from them. However most don't even run you through the system.
HDGFND is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 137
If it's convenient, then yeah it's always good to go to the dealers and let the advisor give it a quick look over, and they'll top up everything accordingly, in and out. A lot of times they don't even put it into a bay lol.

But what do you mean by run you through the system?
GLEM is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEM View Post
If it's convenient, then yeah it's always good to go to the dealers and let the advisor give it a quick look over, and they'll top up everything accordingly, in and out. A lot of times they don't even put it into a bay lol.

But what do you mean by run you through the system?
Run you through the system as in check to see if you bought from them or any Mercedes dealer for that matter. I heard sometimes they will only do top up's for free on their own customers and charge everyone else.
HDGFND is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:04 PM
Junior Member
 
2002Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Correct tire pressures are listed on the gas filler door on my 2017 GLE43 AMG. The pressures listed on the door jam are not correct.
2002Drew is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome