Just Ordered AMG GLE 63 S Coupe - Page 2 - Mercedes GLE Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
Actually, I did all my negotiating via email. I did mention in the email with the dealership that I appreciated the test drive a couple months back and that I would prefer to give them the business if they can offer me a competitive price. In addition, I let them know I would also be servicing my car there. Now just waiting to find out when my car gets on the production line...
Now that's sort of impressive since through the experience of others i've noticed they are most receptive to in person deals than on the phone or through e-mail.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just received notice from my dealer that my GLE is in production. The dealership rep I talked to wasn't sure about the timeframe of delivery since she is new and her manager is gone for the day. I am located in Chicagoland and I believe the GLE are produced in Alabama. Does anyone know how long from the time in production to delivery?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Just received notice from my dealer that my GLE is in production. The dealership rep I talked to wasn't sure about the timeframe of delivery since she is new and her manager is gone for the day. I am located in Chicagoland and I believe the GLE are produced in Alabama. Does anyone know how long from the time in production to delivery?
Would you like to trade? You can take my fresh GLE 450 now!! no wait. ha ha.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I received my GLE450 last Friday. It took 3 days after production to arrive at my dealership in Florida.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Excited to take delivery of the GLE coupe in 3 months! It is going to be Obsidian black with 22" black matte wheels and night package. It will come with all the packages other than the Bang &Olfusen sound system. I would rather listen to the AMG performance exhaust! The interior will be carbon fiber and black Napa. I was debating the porcelain Napa leather, but saw the condition of those seats at the Chicago car show and they were very stained with the color blue from jeans. Will post picks when I get it!
Congrats on your GLE!

Good choice of selecting and building you car package!

I definitely agree with the lighter color for seats. Those denim jeans stain are a bugger!

Exciting for you!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Well the dealership rep, being new, jumped the gun and gave me inaccurate info. My build is not in production. Not even close. I ordered it in late February and I still don't have a build date and only in the "que" waiting for a production date. Now the dealership is telling me that they might have to bump me up to a 2017 build. That means that I probably wouldn't take delivery until August 2016. I am not happy and I don't know what the problem is. Did they stop production on 2016 in the month of February 2016? The dealership is supposed to call me Monday after he speaks with the plant in Alabama where the GLE are produced. Hopefully I will find out more details... Anyone else experience this type of problem?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:55 PM

That's why I like Tesla's vehicle purchasing process since it takes away all that middle man crap, it's just you buying the vehicle from the company, no conflicting bad motivations going on from someone trying to push product on you just for a commission.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Both my sister in laws work for Tesla. One of them manages all the stores in London. I test drove a number of them and the technology and acceleration is great, but I cannot stand the fact that there is no engine noise. I love a big, loud V8 and that's one of the reasons I picked the GLE with performance exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page