Check Engine Light on Brand New GLE 350d - Mercedes GLE Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Check Engine Light on Brand New GLE 350d

Just purchased a 2016 GLE 350d and last week we had an issue where the check engine light came on, took it to the dealer on Tuesday and of course the light went out. Dealer checked the code and came up with a sensor issue with the DPF, a strong plastic burning smell was coming from under the hood after we would drive it. Today the check engine light came on again and have booked an appointment to get this further checked out. Has anyone had this issue before and if so what was the fix. The GLE has less than 1000 miles on it so a bit frustrated when I purchased a Mercedes because they are to be high quality.

Thanks.
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Haven't heard of this problem yet so you're the first person I've heard of having this problem. Hope your dealership can help you fix it asap but it stinks that it's happening to a new car.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 03:18 PM

Thumbs down Beyond Frustrated

I had this problem twice within the last two weeks!!! I have a GLE 350E, check engine light was on 1st week in Nov, I didn't get an appointment until a week later, by then the light distinguished but kept my appt with the dealer. The dealer ran some test and stated I had an O2 sensor issue which was "fixed". So now yesterday, Dec1st the check engine light is back on, and i have an appointment next week. I'm beyond frustrated!!!!!!

Last edited by BenzLyfe16; 12-02-2016 at 03:21 PM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 08:39 PM

I can bet the light will turn off by the time you go in and they'll tell you the same thing
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 03:58 PM

This might be a good time to look up reviews on that dealer and see if any red flags come up. If there are, start looking for another one. Not all tech's are made the same and not all dealerships and companies have good culture. So it might just be a change of dealer that does the trick.

Which dealer have you been going to?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 01:39 PM

That happens a lot of times. Just because it's an MB dealer doesn't mean they follow the same quality and customer care standards as every other one out there. Douches will be douches.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEM View Post
That happens a lot of times. Just because it's an MB dealer doesn't mean they follow the same quality and customer care standards as every other one out there. Douches will be douches.
That's what I discovered and many people over the course of years.

Too bad the default logic is that dealerships are the best places to go for servicing. From experience, I found that finding and independent shop that specializes in your make/model of vehicle is the best way to go.

Only worth going to the dealer if its something only they can do or if your experience is good enough.
GLEM likes this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 06:28 PM

As with bwdownie but at 11K kms, the engine smell was similar- a burnt hydrocarbon/plastic odour.

A 2016 GLE 350D with engine light- on again off again over approximately 3 weeks.

This'll be the 3rd time in to the dealership after 2 sensor replacements; 1 of them the DPF.

The engine has gone into the limp mode on 2 occasions as well; this last time in the mountains (Rogers Pass) at night..... so not just an "oh well, the technician will show up eventually and get it right the third time"

Will keep you "posted."
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 02:06 AM

Thanks for keeping us posted. You'd think they would fix this by now or issue a recall. Maybe there's a lemon law you can look into or the dealership can help you lodge a complaint?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRMAR View Post
As with bwdownie but at 11K kms, the engine smell was similar- a burnt hydrocarbon/plastic odour.

A 2016 GLE 350D with engine light- on again off again over approximately 3 weeks.

This'll be the 3rd time in to the dealership after 2 sensor replacements; 1 of them the DPF.

The engine has gone into the limp mode on 2 occasions as well; this last time in the mountains (Rogers Pass) at night..... so not just an "oh well, the technician will show up eventually and get it right the third time"

Will keep you "posted."
You've had it too long for it to be covered under a lemon law I would presume. Does the dealer at least cooperate and give you a loaner and what not ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page