2016 gle 350d - Mercedes GLE Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down 2016 gle 350d

I do not recommend purchase GLE 350

Here is why ?

1- 13000km start - stop function failed. Car was shutting off at the traffic lights
2- Delar ship repaired then repeat 3 times same issue. vehicle stayed 2 months at the dealership then part arrive twice from Germany. ( Part from Germany. It is like jog.)
3 - After we picked our lovely GLE 18000 driving at the highway suddenly 120km/hr gear 6 stucked, we were almost fatal accident.
4 - Dealership and mercedes did not want help for replacement. We lost our confidence after 5 times issue brand new vehicle.
5- They changed quite few connectors cables and torque convector. We bought brand new GLE 350 for pleasure but we created monster for us.
6 - After sale - Customer service Canada Mercedes was very very bad. $98K value and lemon vehicle with you.
7 - We picked our vehicle again they do not help more than repaired. I am not sure what do do. If we are lucky, it will work or will broken again hope not on the highway with my family. Very poor SAFETY !
8-DO NOT BUY.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 11:39 AM

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you've had to deal with all of these issues. Especially because head office wouldn't cooperate which is really odd, I've heard very good things about them helping. I would take a lawyer and see if you could get something settled because you definitely ended up with a lemon.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 02:36 PM

This is one reason why I like staying away from jumping into a car right away since these problems almost always happen and new cars often need some time for car makers to refine it.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 11:04 AM

Definitely, always good to get it the year after, even 6 months is safe sometimes. But never the beginning production batch
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:06 PM

Thank you for your advice. After this post our vehicle broken again 4 days after. This time, they notified whole transmission has to change, I do not know what to do. Please help ! Thanks.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 10:07 AM

The GLE is the same as the ML, they only changed the letters and a few typical slight improvements seen every new model year change. The new chassis will likely come out for 2019 at the end of this product life cycle.

Serta, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. It does not seem normal to go through such unreliability. Hopefully things work out for you.

2016 GLE350d 4MATIC Cavansite Blue Metallic/Espresso Brown & Ginger Beige Artico/Eucalyptus Wood Trim
AMG Exterior Pkg, Mirror Pkg, Premium Pkg, LED Intelligent Lighting System, Parking Pkg, 19" 5 Twin Spoke 65R Wheel, Aluminum Running Boards, Climate-Controlled Cupholders, COMAND Online NAV.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 01:52 PM

Going to be a lot of confusion for some time, similar to what BMW owners and follows had to go through, as well as Infiniti owners and followers right now. At least now they have naming scheme that will last a very long time, lasting into decades.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 03:29 PM

That's a real pain... I don't even know how I would react to that. I would probably start spazzing at this point.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 09:54 PM

does anyone know how to raise the volume on the 2017 gle 35?
it has the P2 package and the parking pilot feature with the surround camera.

thanks
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:21 PM

You want to raise the volume on the parking proximity sensors or just the infotainment system volume..?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page