2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE Spied Testing In Spain - Mercedes GLE Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE Spied Testing In Spain

Autoevolution spotted a camouflaged2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE having fun with the roundabouts near Barcelona, Spain.

We haven’t seen any new spy shots in around three months and assumed that Mercedes was hard at work making adjustments to the new GLE, but the prototype looks unchanged from the previously seen test mule. That means Mercedes may still be testing the MHA platform and engine before moving on to the bodywork.

From the looks of that spy video, they may have been fine tuning the GLE’s 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission and 4MATIC four-wheel-drive system. A necessity if the GLE-Class weight loss rumors are true, meaning the new SUV is expected to be more efficient and dynamic.

At least we know what Mercedes has added to the interior from previous spy shots. Like the E-Class, it will feature two wide screens connected to each other for a clean central console.

Under the bonnet should be either a gas or diesel modular straight-six engine and we’re probably going to get a hybrid option as well. Mercedes is planning to bring back the straight-six next year, so it could make an appearance in the GLE.

Mercedes-Benz still has plenty of time to test their prototype before the GLE makes its 2018 debut.

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 11:25 PM

Mercedes is sure making a lot of engine changes. My wife just took delivery of a GLE 400 yesterday that we ordered a few months ago. I found out today that the GLE 400 has been discontinued. Anyone else know anything about this? Thanks
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 07:30 PM

It was replaced by the AMG GLE43. Its on the MBUSA web site if you want to take a look.
Bill

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 06:32 PM

Since the GLE550E, hybrid, is basically identical to the GLE400, with the addition of the electric, and I believe the base price of the AMD GLE$# is about $1,000 more, PLUS then I got a $4,085 federal rebate, it ends up being $5,085 or so LESS, and .3 seconds quicker to 60, (5.3 vs. 5.6 seconds) plus much better mileage, I think this is the way to go, unless you want a lot more horsepower that the 550e, which has a combo hp rating of 436. (the base price might be different, but includes I believe some options in the price.) Either way I am loving this hybrid.

Last edited by Kruzmisl; 01-14-2017 at 06:47 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 06:52 PM

With those kind of values, It makes sense that the GLE550e is the way to go about it. @Kruzmisl are you experiencing any issues as of yet?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 02:20 PM

I'm looking for a pair of chrome or chrome trimed running boards/nerf bars. i have the chrome package on my GLE AMG 43 along with chrome 21' wheels and the boards/nerf bars will complete the package.
Anyone know who or where I might find chrome mercedes accessoriee, i.e. running boards/nerf boards? Also for those of you that have the stock boards with the aluminum trim do does the aluminum
trim look like it could be taken off fairly easily to get chromed?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page